Thursday, January 24, 2013

Snow ride at the Fort and schedule additions


If I did a post for every recreational or training ride I went on this blog would be unmanageable and rather repetitive. However, my ride this past Monday was one of those great ones which requires a post. Plus, I just like photos of single track in the snow.   
Morning temperatures were forecasted to be in the mid to low teens on Monday which would make for some perfectly frozen ground at Ft. Ben Harrison. Even better was that some forecasted morning snow flurries intensified into a rather heavy snow which covered the park. Ride time temperature was 13 degrees and despite the endless fogging of my glasses, and throwing my chain on the first uphill (I had the single speed), I got a good workout and enjoyed a mostly empty park. Sure beats sitting in my basement on a trainer watching videotapes (yes, VHS) of past Tour de France stages.

 
A view from the parking lot post ride. Trail is in the trees on the left.
Also, my previously detailed season schedule has had a few additions. Planet Adventure, one of the local race promoters has posted on their site that they plan to have a night mountain bike race series consisting of three races in the summer. So far they have two venues, Southwestway Park on July 27th and Town Run on August 31st. Last year’s night race at Town Run was a great time, save for the stifling humidity, and I'm looking forward to these unique races. Assuming they have a single speed division like last year I will once again race on the Monocog.

No comments:

Post a Comment