Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Potential of Snowfall Could Complicate Things


So the forecast here this weekend is going to be interesting. Normally I wouldn’t dedicate a post to snowfall, but the cycling related fact is that I have the finale of the Indiana Cyclocross Cup series on Saturday. I can handle riding through snow. But 5 to 9 inches of snow? Whole new ball game. But all hope is not lost. I’m in the last race of the day. I’m counting on all the earlier waves to beat down a decent path for the elite Cat 4 riders.
Hmm…..up to a foot around Bloomington and Columbus? Guess what lies right in between those to fine cities? Brown County State Park. My planned early Sunday singlespeed ride at the park could be jeopardy.  Or, it could be a perfect time to give my recently commandeered snow shoes a try.
We’ll see what happens. As of now, no local stations have uttered the term “snowpocalypse” but that could change by day’s end.

No comments:

Post a Comment