Friday, September 12, 2014

My MTB's Bottom Bracket Blew Up So It Must Be Time For Cyclocross

Mountain bike racing season is mostly over (the “mostly” may lead to an interesting post in the future), and right on cue, the Orbea’s bottom bracket goes south in the span of a 30 minute ride. One minute nice and smooth and quiet  and then a rattling rough sounding mess.
 
Must be time for cyclocross season.  And a post about my “new” cross bike is coming, I promise.
Anyway, the first cross race is this weekend at Brookside Park in Indianapolis.  I wanted to several cross races, but did want to drive too far. With the demise of the Indiana Cyclocross Series, I decided to focus on the Ohio ValleyCyclocross Series (OVCX) races that will be around Indy (3 total). As it turns out, another series has risen up from the ashes of the ICX, called the IndyCross series. The series is very local, with 5 races, one at the Indy Cycloplex near my house, and four at Trader's Point in Zionsville.
The race this weekend is the first race of the OVCX  series. I’ve never ridden in the OVCX, so I expect large fields and stiff competition. I'll be rolling in the Cat 4 wave.
Hmm…I wonder what the race predictor over at crossresults.com has me coming in.
 
Oh. Well the computer is telling me to lower my expectations. We’ll see what happens.
Anyone else I know in the race?  Oh look, its Aaron!
 
And he is going to beat me. According to the computer. Actually, it might be right on this one. Race report will be forthcoming…

No comments:

Post a Comment