Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Gravel Grovel Weather Update

I posted something like this to my Facebook page as well, so those of you who follow both, be prepared for some repetition.  Anyway, as I have done in past races (i.e. the Barry Roubaix), I figured a mid week weather update for this Saturday's Gravel Grovel was warranted.  We’re close enough now that the forecasts have a higher degree of certainty, and we’re no longer screwing around with the 10 day or longer forecasts which are a shot in the dark.  So how are things shaping up? Let’s take a look:

Another 50 degree Gravel Grovel.  While some may cheer, I will refrain.  50 degrees is fine for the gravel roads, but the course will be off road in several spots, including the infamous Combs Road, which is actually more of a trail, a new section with an unmaintained road (maybe a little brother to Combs) and then several sections of Hoosier National Forest trail.  These sections promise to be quite messy….like riding through foot deep creeks and mud clogging your wheels messy.
All part of the game and I'm looking for this tradition to continue. Just glad I’m riding my mountain bike for this one.  Which reminds me, I need to check the status of the sealant in my tires….  



No comments:

Post a Comment