Saturday, November 28, 2015

Gravel Grovel Weather Update II

Quick race morning weather update...it is raining. It has been raining since yesterday. The early week forecast I posted about earlier is out the window. A massive weather system is romping through the Midwest and it has been raining since early Friday morning. Nothing heavy, but a constant steady light rain. As of now, Norman, Indiana (near the race start) has received about four tenths of an inch. The radar picture this morning doesn't look too bad: 


Norman is currently in a large dry patch right below Bloomington.  However, I'm wondering if the stuff out west will fill in. Even if it does not, this promises to be the most challenging GG yet. The wet roads, combined with slick trails and leaves will be difficult. Combs Road itself is going to be nothing short of epic. Not a word I toss around often, but it will be a beast. 

Looking at the forecast (seriously, I'm watching the news as I type this), the rain may be dissipating as the day goes on, although it is too late for the course to dry out at all.  

Like I said, it will be a difficult day. We'll see how this plays out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment