Monday, April 29, 2013

Springtime Singletrack (now with less flood water)

Not much new, but spring single-track is certainly a welcomed sight. The above is from Southwestway Park in Indianapolis. Only about 3 miles of trail now, but construction is set to start on new trails which will expand the system to over 8 miles.
 
I have planned a riding trip for later in May, which is significant since I rarely have time to get out Indianapolis except for races. This past weekend I had a work retreat in French Lick but due to various circumstances, primarily lack of time, I was unable to ride the mountain bike trails. I’m planning on hitting the DINO race at French Lick this year so a pre-ride is necessary.  Over Memorial Day weekend my wife is going on a mini vacation to Florida with friends, so with unfettered use of the car, I’m planning to head back to French Lick for a morning of riding and then hittingthe  trails at either O’Bannon Woods State Park or Wapahani in Bloomington in the afternoon.
 
First things first though, as there is a race at BCSP on Sunday. We’ll see if this gets rained out.
And one more just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment