Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Sign of Things to Come

Had this arrive in the mail today:
 


It is the first step in a new project which will come to fruition in the coming weeks. A larger, more significant part arrived as well, but it is still in its bike frame sized box in the garage. That reveal will be in a later post.
So what is the project? Well, I love riding my singlespeed and I like tinkering, despite the detrimental effect on the wallet (hey, I sold my car and ride my bike everywhere so it kind of evens out).
And while I have loved riding the Monocog, it is an awfully heavy frame, although it parts are quite usable and can be easily transferred to a new, perhaps lighter (albeit not SS specific) frame.

So, the plan is in motion. Just need to get a headset, and a few cogs for the rear wheel to test gearing combos. The plan is for the project to be finished by July for the Planet Adventure Night race series where I will race the singlespeed division.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I am a sucker for SS's. I look forward to seeing the new ride.

    ReplyDelete